Saturday, May 16, 2009

Johannesburg, South Africa


Yesterday we finally made it to Africa!!! I was so excited to finally see the land through the clouds as we prepared to land after an 11ht flight. The people there were really friendly and I have never felt so much like a tourist. The culture is entirely different. Our hotel was cute although it felt more like a dorm! The food is tasty. I had a tomato and cheese sandwich for lunch and kingklip for dinner...so good!! We had a long trip to Francistown, Botswana!! It took about 11hrs by truck. And we had that truck loaded down!!! 22 pieces of checked luggage and 6 carry-ons. It was amazing how we fit it all on the truck...and it was a small truck at that. There aren't any large vehicles here at all....even my F-150 back at home is way too big and considered wasteful! I'm so happy we made it to Francistown!!! Time for bed!


~A

No comments:

Post a Comment