Monday, May 25, 2009

1 week in Tutume


Oh my, It's been such a while since I've added to the blog. While I was in Francistown we had access to free wireless internet. Here in Tutume we had to use 1 mobile modem between 3 internet users. You have to pre-pay for airtime. So during our last visit to Francistown we each bought a mobile modem for our laptops. With this type of internet, you must take your sim card from the cell phone and place it in the modem then connect to the internet. This is why my calls are sooo short. Both the internet and cell phone use "minutes" and the air time isn't cheap when you are calling overseas!

All that aside, D and I are stuggling to get use to the culture. It is more different from the US than I thought. I am praying for endurance and strength! We've only been in the village for a week but it feels MUCH longer than that. Aside from the culture, I am learning how to cook. Yesterday I plucked my first chicken then we boiled it and ate it for dinner. No, I did not kill it, I refused!!

Hopefully I'll be able to post as much as I'd like to!! Please stay tuned!


~A

No comments:

Post a Comment